Please only submit ONE ENTRY when registering. If you had a problem with your registration email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. PLEASE NOTE WHICH DATE REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR.
About the Computer Proficiency Exam
The computer proficiency test requires students to demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) as well as other relevant information technology skills.
The test assesses skills related to:
- Word : Basic functions (Open a document, save, print), Bibliography tools, Commenting and track changes tools, Comparing documents, Cover pages, Formatting options (Font and paragraph changes, margins, orientation, bullets, columns), Headers/footers, Line spacing, Page numbers, Spelling/grammar checks, Styles, Table of Contents, and Tables in Word
- PowerPoint: Animation, Basic functions (Open, save, print), Charts, Presentation guidelines (organization, content, design, and delivery best practices), Shapes, Transitions, Using design themes, Using different views, and Video
- Excel : Basic commands (Open, save, etc.), Worksheet/Workbook differences, How the fill handle can be used, Formatting worksheet appearance (Borders/shading, fonts, etc), Row control (Insert/delete rows, merge and center, freezing, hiding, and protecting), Printing options (Page orientation, page breaks, etc.), Relative and absolute cell referencing, SUM function, IF, VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP, Charts (column, clustered, stacked, bar, pie, line, etc.), Excel "tables" feature, Sorting, Pivot tables
- Access: Access basics (objects, saving, backing up, compacting), Create a database and table, Understanding database relationships, Understand queries and the query wizard, Understand functions in Access, and Create report.
Students will have 75 minutes to complete the test. It is a closed book, closed-notes, computer-based exam and NO support materials will be allowed in the examination room.
A minimum score of 60% must be achieved to pass the test. You are allowed two separate attempts to pass the exam.
Please contact the Office of Disability Services if accommodations due to a disability are needed for this exam. The request must be made within 5 business days of registering for the exam. The Office of Disability must notify us of your approved accommodation within 5 business days.
NO SHOWS ON EXAM DAY WILL COUNT AS AN ATTEMPT AND A SCORE OF 0 WILL BE ENTERED.
Registration for the Computer Proficiency Exam
PLEASE NOTE: This Walker COB Proficiency Exam is a web-based test given in a Classroom Lab using a tool called MYITLab. You will be sent a confirmation email and instructions on how to create a MYITLab Account at least one week prior to taking your exam. The MYITLab Account will cost each student $18.23. You must have a MYITLab Username and Password to enter the exam room on the date of the exam.
EACH EXAM WILL OPEN FOR REGISTRATION ON THE FIRST REGULAR BUSINESS DAY (no weekends) OF THAT MONTH AT 10 AM. IF MORE THAN ONE EXAM IS OFFERED FOR THE MONTH THEN THE SECOND EXAM REGISTRATION WILL OPEN 10 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EXAM AT 10 AM. NO ACCESS IS ALLOWED BEFORE THAT DATE.
- March 30, 2018- 2pm- Registration Opens March 1st- closes March 14th
- April 5, 2018- 5pm- Registration Opens March 15th- closes March 24th
- April 6, 2018- 2pm- Registration Opens March 25th- closes April 4th
- April 26, 2018- 5pm- Registration Opens April 6th
All inquires regarding registration should be directed to email@example.com.
Preparing for the Test
Online Microsoft MS Office 2016 tutorials are a useful to study tool for the computer proficiency test: