Appalachian offers a major in Supply Chain Management to prepare professionals who can contribute to organizational success through various aspects of supply chain management – including procurement, sourcing, logistics, manufacturing, distribution and quality management.
With the increasing complexity and globalization of supply chains, the demand for supply chain professionals is growing. Many industries are reporting significant shortages in talent, and this program will prepare you to help fill these economic needs.
- You will study in the Walker College of Business, accredited by AACSB since 1976 and ranked in The Princeton Review's Best 295 Business Schools for 2016.
- The Department of Computer Information Systems & Supply Chain Management also offers a major in Computer Information Systems, a minor in Computer Information Systems for non-business majors, and a minor in Supply Chain Management for business majors.
- The BB&T Student Leadership Center offers consultation to all business majors on choosing a career, preparing for interviews and exploring internships and employment.
- The Appalachian Supply Chain Club offers student members opportunities to interact with industry professionals while promoting career and professional development with networking and community involvement. Students who become members of ASCC are also student members of the following global professional societies: APICS, CSCMP and ISM.
- The SCM program recognizes the value of real-world supply chain management experience.
- Students are strongly encouraged to participate in an internship experience. Internships may count as an elective.
- Students have an opportunity to obtain their Six Sigma Green Belt Certification after completing the Six Sigma and Quality Management course.
- Selected students participate in the CSCMP Annual Conference and the ISM-CV Student Case Competition.
In addition to a 53-hour business core, key classes include:
- Principles of Supply Chain Management
- Six Sigma and Quality Management
- Global Supply Chain and Logistics
- Strategic Procurement and Global Sourcing
Method of Delivery
- Supply Chain Manager
- Inventory Manager
- Supplier Quality Product Manager
- Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Logistics Planner
- New Product Procurement Planner
- Supplier Management Analyst
- Inventory Planner
- Procurement Manager of Specialist
- Logistics Analyst
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Wholesale and Retail Buyer