Wei Xie obtained her Ph.D. in Information Systems (IS) at Bryan School of Business and Economics at the University of North Carolina Greensboro. Wei Xie was born and brought up in China. She finished her undergraduate in China and received her MBA from the University of Wisconsin at Whitewater.
Wei’s research interests include cybersecurity, organizational and societal issues of Information Systems, decision-making; digital innovation; behavioral finance, healthcare intervention, global IT, etc. Wei is a member of the Association of Information Systems (AIS) SIGSEC, which focuses on information systems security, cybersecurity, digital forensics, assurance, compliance, and privacy issues.
Before starting her Ph.D. program in Information Systems at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in Fall 2017, Wei had worked as a small business owner for many years. Besides her entrepreneurial experience, Wei worked as a Pharmacy Market Analyst after earning her MBA.
Wei is an advocator for education and believes that learning is a lifelong process and wants her students to remain enthusiastic and engaging in learning. Wei’s teaching philosophy: teaching and learning as involving a reciprocal and mutually beneficial relationship between teachers and students. In education, she incorporates constructivism goals: “problem-solving, higher-level thinking, and the active and reflective use of knowledge” (Driscoll, 2005, p.393).
Peer-Reviewed Academic Journal Articles
- Xie, W., Mehta, N., & Palvia, P. (2020). Value co-creation dimensions and challenges in EHR systems. Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, 1-28.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Xie, W., Dhillon, G., Mehta, N., Smith, K. (2020), “User Generated Content and Participatory Healthcare.” In: Proceedings of 2020 the ISOneWorld (ISOW). Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Xie, W., Palvia, P., & Vance, L. (2019). “Value Co-Creation and Challenges in EHR.” AIS Electronic Library, In: Proceedings of 2019 the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). Munich, Germany.
- Xie.W., Dhillon, G. Smith, K. (2019). “Emotional Intelligence & Adherence to Digital Health Interventions.” AIS Electronic Library, In: Proceedings of the 25th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS). Cancun, Mexico.
- Xie, W. & Nemati, H. (2018). “An Evolving Information Privacy Research – a Datification View.” AIS Electronic Library, In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Oguz, A., Xie, W., Palvia, P., & Amoako-Gyampah, K. (2018). “Information and Communications Technologies as an Enabler of Supply Chain Integration.” AIS Electronic Library, In: Proceedings of the 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS). New Orleans, LA, USA.
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Computer Information Systems
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-8898
Fax: (828) 262-6190