The CIS Department aspires to have nationally recognized, innovative programs and to be a top recruiting destination.
The mission of the CIS Department is to foster a collegial and collaborative work environment, in which we engage with our students to promote academic and professional excellence.
To carry out our Mission, the CIS Department Team will strive each day to:
- Maintain a supportive and collegial environment,
- Foster a high level of collaboration amongst faculty,
- Actively encourage and support faculty-student engagement,
- Continuously improve our curriculum to assure its relevance and currency,
- Create engaging classroom experiences through innovative pedagogy,
- Promote analytical and critical thinking, global mindedness and technical competence in our students,
- Engage in continuous professional development,
- Produce quality research that furthers the field of information systems and across disciplines,
- Foster, expand, and maintain our network of recruiters, to ensure that we are a top recruiting destination,
- Remain connected to the professional community through regular interaction with employers, our boards of advisors and other professional networking organizations,
- Assist our students in career development to prepare them for high-quality internships and relevant full-time job opportunities, in which they can achieve their professional goals.